Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

Love Thy Neighbour: A Poem by Pete Marshall


Love Thy Neighbour
by pete marshall

I stared behind a wooden fence
that hid my face from neighbours eyes,
where in my house my love was spent
as dreams would take me back outside.

I stared upon the gap between
that caught my eye, her whitened thighs,
I saw her jump and hoped the hem
would lift up high and gently rise.

A sultry voice and bright red shoes
that danced a beat of wicked lies,
a sirens call on errant runs
where love would hide & I’d oblige.

**************
Today's wonderful image is by photographer Lauren Randolph, who's interview and picture prompt have formed this weeks One Shot Sunday, at One Stop Poetry

18 comments:

Tashtoo said...

Wonderful write, Pete! I was waiting to see who whould be the first to peak beyond the fence, and you've done it so well! Still smiling.

dustus said...

Awesome write. Wish I grew up in that neighborhood. lol

Jenne' R. Andrews said...

I really like this Pete-- you've captured the photo and the notion of a sexy neighbor really well. xj

Anonymous said...

what a sultry look behind the fence...love this one dude.

Anonymous said...

too good...suburbia at its finest... so clever with that title, too..

Beachanny said...

This was fun and so accessible..right next door. How we all adore the girl or boy next door. You did well with this. I went to another dimension instead..outer space not inner.

Unknown said...

ahhh, love thy neighbour... I dig this man.. nice

Brian Miller said...

hot for neighbor...nice....the third stanza in particular as you played well with the words...

signed...bkm said...

Nice write Pete...I noticed too that her thighs were rather white....bkm

libithina said...

heehe couldn't help but smile Pete ~ neat take ~ peeking over that fence ~ yes I liked them ... shoes too :) *wink* ~ Lib ~ loved it ~ @libithina

Lolamouse said...

You can have the girl, Pete, I want the shoes! You men--always something better on the other side of the fence!

Hope said...

enjoyed this very much!

Reflections said...

Nice piece, wondered who would go that route, beyond the fence to the house next door.

Steve Isaak said...

Good, smile-inducing, relatable piece.

Kerry O'Connor said...

What a unique viewpoint you chose for this poem and all presented in such tight form. Really great response to the picture - cheeky and oh so human.

Sheila Moore said...

nice one, pete

Unknown said...

I see you spying there, in between the pickets :)

Anonymous said...

White thighs and siren calls, dangerous combo ;)